Since 2002, the Center for Functional Genomics in Bordeaux (CGFB) has brought together seven scientific and technological platforms for the study of living things at the cellular and molecular level.
In 2019, work was carried out at the University of Bordeaux around research platforms in parallel with the creation of new departments. It made it possible to achieve the federation of these scientific and technological tools, via the labeling of 27 of them. A new federation has taken over from the CGFB to become Bordeaux Research Facilities.
This federation is flexible and scalable to allow the integration of new platforms/facilities to take into account the emergence of new technologies.
Research facilities ensure the mutualization of analytical and technological skills and of heavy equipments for use of public and private research laboratories.They have four main tasks:
- A mission to support scientific and technological research activities carried by the public and private laboratories.
- A mission of educating students and information among researchers on new technologies.
- A mission to promote innovation by developing new technologies.
In the Aquitaine Region, these platforms are aimed at supporting private companies and research activities of scientifice communities. The sectors concerned are :
- Health disciplines with neuroscience, oncology, cardiology, microbiology, etc..
- Agricultural science with the disciplines of plant biology and microbiology
- Food industry
- Viticulture and oenology
These sectors correspond to some of the priorities set up by the Region Authority for economic development. A mission to support economic development in collaboration with industrial partners.